Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Documentary: Diary (Tim Hetherington, 2010, 19 minutes)

This week I'll focus on Documentaries available on-line outside of Netflix Watch Instantly and Hulu.  The quality (and legality) of these sources vary, but they are worth looking at.

Last week I posted a brief news update about the passing of photojournalist Tim Hetherington, the co-director of Restrepo.  I have since discovered that his short experimental essay, Diary, is still available on his Vimeo page.  After Hetherington's death, Dana Stevens wrote a short essay about the film at Slate.


Diary (2010) from Tim Hetherington on Vimeo.

I also recently mentioned previously that I've started a Google Reader Shared Items page, which will feature news and links to resources I might not have time to elaborate upon in the blog itself.  You can see the most recent additions on the right margin of this blog.

Here are some documentaries that I've added to the Shared Items page, many of which were first highlighted on websites such as Dangerous Minds, io9, and Short of the Week.

Idiot With a Tripod


Idiot with a Tripod from The Mutiny Company on Vimeo.


1991: The Year Punk Broke with Sonic Youth


Take This Hammer with James Baldwin


Take This Hammer from Brendan Nee on Vimeo.

Malcolm McLaren


J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment